Sunday, December 7, 2008

Look at my new toy!



Thank you Circuit City for poor inventory control and a going out of business sale. This weekend, we looked at yet another Circuit City to try and find the 75-300 lens on sale. I've hit all the stores that were going out of business and the lens had already been snatched by the time is was reduced 15%. This was a final store in a smaller town that was to be closed.

I couldn't believe that the lens was there. PLUS marked down to 30%! Only the display unit was available so that was an additional 10% off. The kicker was that their store records didn't indicate that they had any quantity left for that lens. Their computerized inventory was off and that is why it was still there.

It's still expensive but Dear Hubby stepped up to the plate and bought it for my combined birthday/christmas present. I turn 40 on the 20th of December and this heavy mutha will lessen the sting of the big 4.0.