Monday, September 22, 2008

Lake Tawakoni



Going fishing with the Dear Hubby gives me a new perspective on many things. I've driven over many a bridge over water without giving a thought to how it looks UNDER the bridge. Bridges are a popular place for our favorite type of fish, croppie. We fish at night for them so it gives me an opportunity to see how the sunset drastically changes how things look in a short time frame. The above is shot towards the sunlight - but the bridge shades it. It almost looks like a blue misty light is at the end and there's also a ghost of a light blue X in the photo.




Now this is shot away from the sunset and you can see how the sunlight falls on the bridge. The infinity effect is ruined by another fisherman in a boat but hey, he has a perfect right to be right where he is.



Just a few minutes later, the color goes from gold to red. Part of me was just fascinated by the colors and the patterns and trying to get a good shot which was difficult because the lake wouldn't stay still. The other part of me was really regretting watching this documentary about a bridge that collapsed on the East Coast. I kept looking up and imagining all that concrete falling on us, pinning us to the dark muddy depths below.

You can't let fear keep you from living your life, or enjoying it. I've lived a hard life and I'm lucky to be alive. Every day now that I have is a gift. When it's my time to go, I guess I don't have to worry about paying bills anymore.