Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Escape from Worry

After spending hours glued to The Weather Channel watching that slow-moving Gustav decide where to go, we decided to check out a nearby lake. It was fun to go fast over the water but not so fun when Dear Hubby would decide to check out a small cove to see if it might be our next favorite fishing spot. The only A/C on the boat is the wind, and if we don’t go fast… it gets hot in a hurry.

So we went fast most of the time.



Here’s my beautiful step-daughter, R2. I selected this photo, with R1’s hairy leg & foot in the way, because R2 is wearing her swimsuit. R1 is her older brother. I love the enjoyment in her face. R2 is a go fast kind of gal. I envy her for her complete and utter fearlessness. I envy her for her ability to wrap her daddy around her little finger. I was a Navy Brat. My daddy was always gone.




This is an area that Dear Hubby likes to fish in. Fish like to dart around the trees. This was a man-made lake. All but one lake in Texas are man-made. Dear Hubby likes to find where there were stock tanks before the area was flooded. He thinks this cove was one such stock tank. But it’s hot hubby, let’s get moving.



Dearest Ree, thank you for the Nikon D80 camera give-a-way. Even if I never reach your quality of photography, I’m very much enjoying the ability to capture my life as it speeds by.