Thursday, August 28, 2008

Gustav

I'm worried about this hurricane. I have family that was hit by Hurricane Rita and have just barely recovered. I also have family in New Orleans and we all know how hard that place was hit by Katrina.

It's amazing how smart we are, how much technology we have, and yet we are still rendered helpless by this type of event. Something like this happens and our only resort is a basic one... we can't fight so.... flight.

We're going to have a full house if Gustav continues on its projected path from this morning. Money's alittle tight to be filling the cupboards & freezer with food but this is far better than 2005 when we were on the phone with family members, watching the eye of the hurricane head right for their little town, and not being able to do a damn thing about it. Much better to have them safely with us, regardless if we have to drag the credit cards out.

God Bless to everyone in the Gulf Coast. Hold on tight and don't let go.