Monday, August 25, 2008

Side effects of having a boat



It was nice getting out of the house. The fish didn't bite much but it was tranquil. The pictures I wanted the most didn't turn out. Once again, I was lazy and used AutoFocus. Doesn't work at night.

We fish at night. We dangle crappie lights over the side of the boat which attracts bait fish (which attracts larger fish). We had flourescent lights on the tips of our fishing poles so we could see when we had a bite. The crappie lights reflect back up from the lake water and illuminate the fishing poles.

A storm blew over us. We were anchored but the wind pushed us in different directions. It rained briefly and I watched somewhat fearfully as some heavy clouds seemed to reach down to the lake. We survived the storm but stayed out too late. We got home around 2:30. Gone are the days when I partied all night and didn't pay the price the next morning.