
So the 2nd day we had a rental car, we left to find me some redwood trees. Dear Hubby remembered a family trip to Yosemite Park so off we went. That's about all he remembered (correctly) because it took way too long to get there, we got lost a few times, and once we were there... he forgot that you didn't end up back at the beginning of the park if you took the highway though it. We had to decide to backtrack the entire way (to get back to Reno) or take this little shortcut called Sonora Pass.
A charming little pass that is closed in the winter. A road with hair pin turns and a 26% incline. A road with steep cliffs and no guard rails.
Needless to say, I was petrified with fear the whole time and didn't take any pictures of the fantastic views. I felt like my eyesight was the glue that held the car to the road and I was afraid to look away.
I understand what "The End" is now. It isn't losing my job. The End would be falling off that mountain and dying. It's been remarkable my attitude adjustment since surviving that little shortcut.