He has been working for them since he was in college. He started out at one of their restaurants cleaning tables. He worked his way up to bartender (and he had alot of fun during those times!). He got his associates degree and went to work for the parent company. He was in charge of installing the Point of Sale computers in new restaurants. I guess they don't plan to be building new restaurants in the next few years. After working for some version of this company for over 15 years, he was let go last Friday. At least they were decent enough to give him 8 months pay.
He and his wife just bought a new house one year ago. A huge beautiful house in a kick butt neighborhood. We were all living large one year ago. If I had known what was coming, I wouldn't have bought the boat for my hubby. The boat that I'm still paying off each month.
His wife works for a very well known software company that is expecting another round of layoffs. I pray she is spared.