Of course, I realized that my dad called to tell me that on April Fools Day. He's never before pulled an April Fool's stunt on me before. I'm thinking about calling to tell him that I just bought a brand new car and could he loan me 6k until the inheritance comes in...
Once upon a time I thought he pulled an April Fools Joke on me. Our neighbor had an old mare that was extremely fat. On April Fools Day, my dad woke me up early to get me to come look at Cinderella's foal. I'm like "Yeah right, April Fools" and tried to go back to sleep.
We ended up buying that foal and it was the first (and only) horse that I ever *broke* to bridle/saddle. It's no big deal when you've been around a horse its entire lifetime. It was also the dumbest and laziest horse that I ever owned.