Our GPS device. We went out of town this weekend to visit Dear Hubby's sister who lives in East Texas. The one with the beautiful lake home. It's a long drive and we deal with the boredom by torturing our GPS device. See, we don't take her advice and every time that we miss a turn she recalculates, recalculates. And since I've never updated Rosie, all new highways leave her thinking that we went off-roading and I swear I see exclamation points and smoke coming from her.
My son warned that Easter's drive coming back home would be risky. We laughed all weekend about his prediction of 100mph winds. He had seen some news broadcast with dire predictions. However, as we left East Texas and the sky became darker and darker... Then the rain came and visibility dropped dramaticly (Chrylser/Jeep! You need to make faster windshield wipers!)... I was in a situation where I could barely see the road, had no place to pull over, and couldn't stop because someone behind me would plow into me.
Then the emergency broadcast system interrupted our radio station. Rosie had told us to go North towards I20 in East Texas. If we had listened to her, we would had been in the path of the tornado. As it was, we caught the tail end of a serious storm. We took our usual detour on 343 to miss the town of Rusk, Texas. The rain had quit by then but I slowed down because of all the mud and debris on the road. Then we saw the uprooted trees. It was such a narrow path of destruction that I believe we were seeing evidence of a tornado touchdown. Dear Son napped through the proof of his earlier prediction.
We made it home safely. Happy Easter everyone.